Diagnostic apps with the web browser

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Diagnostic apps with the web browser
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:46:48 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

In the diagnostic web page of Netview, we can call for MIB applications.
The one that are listed per default are : ARP cache, Interface, TCP/UDP
sockets, IP address, Routing Table, Services and UDP table. Those 7
applications are default ones, hardcoded in the various related CGI-BIN
files, based on a "rnetstat_unsecure" binary.

My question is : how do I include my own MIB applications in this web page
? Apparently it is now enough to simply define additionnal MIB applications
via the Netview GUI or manually in /usr/OV/registration/C/ovmib. It seems
the related CGI-BIN does try to get a "MIBApplicationList", but I have not
taken time enough to debug those scripts.

It seems possible to even get graph MIB applications, as shown in the TME10
Netview Version V5.0 Technical Bulletin.
How do I activate/configure this ?

Thank you in advance

Frederic

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)