Changing name node is known by.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing name node is known by.
From: Steve Francis <steve.francis@COMMSERV.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:55:53 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I know this has been discussed before, but I cant find any notes I kept about
it, and its not an FAQ on the Tivoli site.

Running Netview v5 on AIX 4.2.1

How can I make Netview know a node by the name assigned to a loopback
interface, and not the first interface it finds?

OpenView will automatically change the name it knows a node by to the loopback
interface as soon as it finds a loopback interface.  Does the current 5.1.1
Netview do that? (I have not applied patches yet.)

If not, how can I force it (deleting all other interfaces and doing a demand
poll doesnt help: it just adds the other interfaces back and keeps the same
name.)

And also if it doesn't whats the email to request enhancements?

TIA