Re: NetView & XWindows

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView & XWindows
From: benvain <benvain@BSD.TM.FR>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:18:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Lizel,

I don't know exactly what you mean when saying "our XWindows got
corrupted", but I encountered a similar problem:

After upgrading from NV 5.0 to 5.1 (F50 + AIX 4.2.1), we couldn't log in
to root anymore through CDE.
Reason: the sourcing of Tivoli was in $HOME/.profile.
Fix: create $HOME/.kshrc, move Tivoli's sourcing to it (.
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh) and add to $HOME/.profile these 2 lines:
        ENV=$HOME/.kshrc
        export ENV

Hope that will help.
Cordially