Tivoli IT Director & Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Tivoli IT Director & Netview
From: Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 15:47:46 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vince Rosso@TRANSALTA
31/05/99 03:47 PM

Is anyone familar with this product ... after reading the sales pitch I'm
still not sure exactly what it is and how Netview integrates with it.   The
sales information talks about Netview being the network management tool
that is packaged with IT Director.    Is this a full blown version of
Netview or some subset.    The price seems cheap compared to a Netview
license which makes me suspicious.   From what I can see the IT Director
runs only on a NT or AS400 platform  ... we are running our current Netview
version on a Digital Unix platform.    Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks!