Re: Tivoli IT Director & Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli IT Director & Netview
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:08:05 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NetView for IT Director is NetView for NT together with other code.   I am
not familiar with you statement about the AS/400.  I was not aware that any
NetView runs there, though IT Director might.    But you'd need an NT box
for the NetView portion I am sure.  The IT Director price is cheap because
there is some hard-and-fast size limitations about how big a network you
can control.  I don't know the details -- just be sure you read it all
carefully before you buy.  The idea behind it was that it was a small shop
tool -- a "one product is all you need to manage your intranet" sort of
thing.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM> on 05/31/99 05:47:46 PM