NetView 5.1.1 - TEC Integration: Passing Variables

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView 5.1.1 - TEC Integration: Passing Variables
From: Karin Binder <karin.binder@NWA.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:25:23 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Does anyone know of a way pass information learned during ruleset
processing to TEC?
I can see where the variables as sent in by the traps can be mapped to
slots under event configuration, but haven't been able to figure out how to
send additional information that was not originally sent with the trap.

For example, the frame relay trap notification for a DLCI status change
includes a variable specifying the interface index number.  I'd much rather
send the interface name which would be more meaningful to the operators and
save them from looking it up.  I can determine the value by issuing a
command via Inline Action during ruleset processing, but have been unable
to find a method to pass this info to TEC with the event through any of the
built-in action nodes.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Regards,
Karin Binder