Re: NWAYS Java APPS for NT?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NWAYS Java APPS for NT?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:17:51 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Chris, Nways has just come out with V2, and V2 is available for NT. In that
incarnation it includes a stripped down version of Netview for NT. There is
an upgrade path from the V1.2.3 on AIX. For more information, see the
web site http://www.networking.ibm.com/cma/cmasolut.html
The part that applies to you is Nways Element Manager V2,  which includes
the device managers. However, you should be aware that there is no
ATM Topology available for the NT platform as there is for the AIX version.
If you are interested in upgrading on the AIX platform, you should look at
the Nways Manager Suite V2. That includes the ATM stuff you have now.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 06/02/99

I'm currently running Netview AIX and we have access to the NWAYS Java apps
through NetView. Is there a way to duplicate this functionality within
NetView for NT? We're trying to see how feasible it would be to switch to
NT, and this is a major piece of the functionality that we want to
duplicate.

Chris Yates
Network Engineer
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.