snmpCol.conf file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpCol.conf file
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:27:28 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes, it is acceptable to edit the snmpCol.conf file. I used to do it regularly.
In
fact you might find it useful to manufacture the file from a shell script to
handle
things like changable interface indices. Stop/start snmpCollect, and take a
look at the end of the snmpCol.trace to make sure the new file passes
muster. And of course keep a working one around in case of fire....

Roger Kearsley
06/01/99 11:50 AM