Re: Password problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Password problem
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:31:15 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Simon is right, it  was fixed in 5.1.1. Be sure to put that patch on
(revision B) before long, as it fixes all kinds of annoying things.
The workaround is 'nvwebstop'.

Hi Jeanie,

Other people will reply soon regarding this problem and be able to
give you more information - I am just trying to give you some information
so that if you need to address this quickly you will have an idea of where
look.

The problem you are having is to do with the HTTP server that gets started
( ie. ps  -ef | grep http ) with the Netview GUI.   You can ( as root )
turn off the
Web Server from the Netview GUI and you should then see the situation
return to normal.   I'm pretty sure this is addressed in Netview 5.1.1.

Other people should be able to direct you in more long term directions to
take on this issue ( as you're quite likely to want to use the web
interface ).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Simon Long