Re: Discover New Nodes as Managed

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Discover New Nodes as Managed
From: Mark Sklenarik <Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:31:11 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Check the oid_to_type man page for DEFAULT_IP and DEFAULT_SNMP.

Thanks Mark Sklenarik
.
Tivoli Systems
.

Phat D Doan <pddoan@REGENCE.COM> on 06/03/99 11:27:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Mark Sklenarik/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  Discover New Nodes as Managed

When Netview discovers new nodes, I want the nodes show up as managed
(green color) in the IP map.  I select Options/SNMP Configuration and check
the Discover Node(s) Managed.  However, when new nodes are discovered, they
show up as unmanaged (brown color) instead of managed (green).  Is this the
correct way to set up new nodes discovered as managed and as default?

Thanks in advance.

Phat Doan