Re: Cannot ping/poll Cisco C2900 switch from Netview...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cannot ping/poll Cisco C2900 switch from Netview...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:04:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Take a look at the trapd.log for all events regarding that node. Maybe
Netview added then deleted the interface under it? I assume it is
blue. At the very least it needs to be deleted and rediscovered.
I have seen a lot of cases lately where interfaces are added and deleted
(maybe repeatedly) due to funny name resolution.

Hello All.

I have placed the IP address of a Cisco 2900 switch in my seedfile.
I can successfully ping the switch from Netview Server AIXterm command line,
but I cannot ping or demand poll it using the Netview GUI ping/demand poll
function.

The switch is snmp enabled and the correct cisco switch icon is being used
to represent it. However, no IP address shows up underneath the icon, which
makes since given what I have described above.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord.