Re: Exit on Signal 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Exit on Signal 9
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:50:58 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well, I don't know what the source of your problem is because my install on
Solaris 2.6 worked fine.  And I don't troubleshoot installation problems
normally.

I would try a couple of things -

First, remember that to correctly source the Tivoli environment,  all
daemons must be down, including ovspmd and nvsecd.
So try that first.   Do ovstop nvsecd to bring down every one which is
still up.  Then source the Tivoli environment.  Then do ovstart.

Still not working?  Then try some of the suggestions in the Diagnosis Guide
for daemon problems.

First, I would take  ovtopmd (he seems to be the daemon most fundamental
here) and try starting him alone  from the command line with ovstart.
What happens? Same thing?
Next, if ovtopmd dies when started alone, then try running him from the
command line without ovstart.
Just type in /usr/OV/bin/ovtopmd and see what happens.   Perhaps you will
get an error message which will be meaningful.

Finally, I would review the installation logs looking for error messages.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on 06/09/99

James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> on 06/08/99 03:22:23 PM