Re: Exit on Signal 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Exit on Signal 9
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:28:19 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello James, the very first check worked..!!. I was actually just not
following the order properly. Thanks.

Now one more issue:
I enable security using nvsec_admin. I think I just euqalled Security
Level to TESTMODE. This started putting a Network_Manager_s
Authentication Dialog in front wheneven I start netview. For a couple
of times it let me login using any userid that I had defined in
nvsec_admin dialogue but not any more. Now I get error "nsm_install_key
error, could not create credentials". I checked the file permissions on
the /usr/OV/tmp/NetSPtkt directory and its 777.

Using trace with nvauth -v I can see the following messages when I try
to logon....
Security is ON for server (I thought I had turned on TESTMODE only)
nsm_install_key has an error .Major=614, Minor=324 (where to look for
these codes)
GSS: The token was a duplicate of an earlier token
GSS: The token's validity period has expired
gss_display_status() failed. Major=327680,Minor=0
FNS0324: Cache file permissions are incorrect

Please help as I cannot even start netview anymore on this machine.

Kashif