"value_info.pag" is enormous !!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: "value_info.pag" is enormous !!
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:40:28 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

In preparation for migrating from Netview V4.1 to Netview 5.1 I have noticed
a file called /usr/OV/databases/openview/ovwdb/current/value_info.pag which
is over 2 GB in size !

Now, I only have a half Gb of space remaining in the VG (AIX 4.2.1) so when
I run the migration script, there will not be enough space.

But, from what I have been reading, I can run a command called
"nvTurboDatabase space" and this will shrink this file or something.

Has anyone ever used this command and if so, did/how it work??

Any info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord.