Re: FILE26.PKT error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: FILE26.PKT error
From: Mark Sklenarik <Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:27:51 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We need more information.
What does the rest of the message say, and have you checked the
/tmp/NVS_xxx files.

Thanks Mark Sklenarik
.
Tivoli NetView Product Integrity
.

Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM> on 06/10/99 09:42:38 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Mark Sklenarik/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  FILE26.PKT error

We have just installed Framework 3.6.1 and NetView 5.1 on a new
workstation.  When installing NetView a fatal error was reported. for
Media Packet /tmp/tmeCDROM/FILE26.PKT. We did not see this problem when
installing NetView 5.1 with Framework 3.2.

I remembered seeing this problem reported before so I have searched the
Archive for FILE26. I located some postings, but the responses did not
seem to provide a solution.

Despite the fact that a fatal error was reported NetView appears to have
been installed and runs without apparent problems. I would be grateful
if those who posted this problem before could respond with the solution
they found, or let me know if the reported error is not a problem. of
course if anyone else would like to respond that would br welcome too.

Thanks in advance.

Jon Needes
EDS, Hook, UK