Re: Copy_db

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Copy_db
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:27:04 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Absolutely.   You must install those Cisco products on the backup as well
or not transfer the databases.  Your choice.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Robert Schneider <rschneider@METLIFE.COM> on 06/10/99 04:05:50 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Subject:  Copy_db

We have two machines with AIX 4.2.1 and NetView V5 - the primary and a
backup.
The primary has CiscoWorks 4.0 and CiscoView, the backup does not .We
copied the
Netview databases from one to the other with the copy_db command and we get
pop-up after NetView's GUI starts up on the backup:

        Error retrieving mapdb field info: null field value

The GUI shuts down after the error message is acknowledged. Has anyone seen
this
before? Could this be a problem with the CiscoWorks/CiscoView files and
their
icon definitions??

Thanks,

Bob