Re: priorities (was nothing)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: priorities (was nothing)
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:51:22 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't exactly know either what Theo meant, but probably its similar
to my question here.

All our midrange boxes have two interfaces. One is called the A
interface and the other M interface. (this is just a naming convention
only). I have two Netview servers in different TMRs. On one of these
servers I am able to snmpwalk the NT midranges giving host name of
either of these interfaces, but on the other, snmpwalk on the M
interface of NTs timesout. On both the servers, I am able to snmpwalk
the HP and Sun boxes through both interfaces.
What could possibly be the problem.

Is there a way to set priority on one network interface as perhaps Theo
asked for.

Kashif