C5500 switch incorrect in IP map...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: C5500 switch incorrect in IP map...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:39:46 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

I am running AIX 4.3.2, Netview 5.1.1, and Framework 3.6.1.

I have a Cisco C5500 switch in my network. It is snmp enambled and the IP of
the snmp management interface has been entered into my seedfile.

However, some really strange things are happening...

1. The object appears without a label.
2. When I explode this object, it has about 10 interfaces! All of these
interfaces are the IP addresses of other devices attached to the  switch.
These attached devices only show up here, for example, my Cisco 7507 routers
IP shows up as an interface of the C5500 !

This is very weird. Any info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.