[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:12:12 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Theo;

Your going to have to use event customization dialogue.

Choose Options-->event configuration-->trap customization:SNMP.

In the dialogue, find the trap for the interfqace down trap in the
NetView6000 Enterprise Name.  Its Specific number is 58916867
Highlight it, click on copy, give it a new unique event name, and add a
source address (or hostname) and clikc on add, then set your priority as
needed.

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net
Bank of America Network Operations