Netview startup - nvela, nvevents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview startup - nvela, nvevents
From: Steve Pirollo <spirollo@SUNGARD.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:42:19 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Hello,

     I am having a problem with Nvela and nvevents.  None of the modification
that I make seem to work.
They are in /usr/OV/app-defaults.   I am trying to get:

     1) the Event window to seperate from the Control Desk on Startup.
     2) Stop Control Desk.
     3) Have the Events View start as a list and not cards.

     One last question,  in the events window, are different types of events
suppose to display in different colors.
     IE. Critical - Red,  Major - Green

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

(See attached file: Nvevents)(See attached file: Nvela)