Re: Forwarding events/traps from one NetView to another

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forwarding events/traps from one NetView to another
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:31:56 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ok.  Now I'm completely confused.  I'm not sure if you had seen my note last
week regarding our problem with TME Framework.  We have 2 NetView systems in our
environment (axscnv1 and axscnv2).  The axscnv2 system was cloned from axscnv1.
Because of this TME desktop was hosed on axscnv2 because all of its database
pointers are referencing axscnv1.  I had received several responses back as to
how this needs to be cleaned up.  Basically, its done by de-installing and
re-installing Framework and then running a script to fake out Framework into
thinking your re-installing NetView , but you're really not.  As a result, the
Frameworks pointers are all updated correctly.

In any event, regardless of that issue.  If its still possible to configure
event forwarding to TEC, via smit, then I don't need to be concerned with the
problem between Framework and NetView right?  I know I have to get the
Framework/NetView stuff fixed because NetView release upgrades and patches need
to be installed via Framework, but do I need to be concerned just to configure
event forwarding to TEC?