Re: Forwarding events/traps from one NetView to another

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forwarding events/traps from one NetView to another
From: Jason Kravitz <Jason_Kravitz@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:02:02 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Rob

You are correct that certain NetView TEC adapters rely on a Framework
connection to forward events.  This is called a secure adapter (in the
Tivoli world).  The only secure NetView TEC adapter only runs on NT.

On Unix, the TEC adapter is purely TCP/IP based so as long as TEC is
operating correctly in a Tivoli region and the NetView server can reach the
TEC server over TCP/IP (ping is sufficient and an open port for firewall
scenario) event forwarding will work correctly.

However, as James stressed, the framework supporting the NetView server
should be fixed ASAP to avoid other problems...

     - Jason

Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM> on 06/15/99 03:00:21 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>