Re: snmp Agent for MLM on Solaris 2.6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp Agent for MLM on Solaris 2.6
From: Jason Kravitz <Jason_Kravitz@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:04:15 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I would suggest using SEA 1.0.2 for Solaris 2.6 - this is the most stable.
SEA 1.0.3 seems to be a bit quirky and previous versions are not
recommended

     - Jason

Phat D Doan <pddoan@REGENCE.COM> on 06/15/99 03:01:15 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Jason Kravitz/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  snmp Agent for MLM on Solaris 2.6

Is it possible to run bsnmpd agent for the MLM v5.x on Solaris 2.6 and how?
I know the previous version of MLM can run with the bsnmpd agent of
Solaris.  From the MLM document, it only mentioned the Sun Solstice
Enterprise Agent (SEAs).

What snmpd agent would you recommend to run best on Solaris 2.6?  If I run
SEAs, what do I need to watch out for?  Thanks in advance.

Phat Doan