Re: Does NWays for AIX 1.2.3 work with Netview 5.1.1 ??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Does NWays for AIX 1.2.3 work with Netview 5.1.1 ??
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:28:48 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I did a bunch of them at that combination, on AIX 4.2 and 4.3 and have not
had that problem. I would suspect some other application that takes port    162
(nothing in Nways does). Like Optivity?

Note that Nways V2 is out and shipping. I'm doing one this week.

Hello All.

Does NWays for AIX 1.2.3 work with Netview 5.1.1 ??

I am running Netview 5.1.1. I installed NWays 1.2.3 (Some of the components
failed to install but since you pick the components anyway, I think I should
still ne able to run NWays). After the install, I tried starting Netview and
it would not come up. The trapd daemon could not start because "UDP port
already in use" - exit(1). ??

Anyone ever seen anything like this before ??

Sincerely,

Gord.