Re: export SNMPcollect data to a RDBMS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: export SNMPcollect data to a RDBMS
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:27:40 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You are missing a piece - Tivoli's Relational database Interface Manager
(RIM for short).  RIM manages the RDBMS, and then only certain ones.   And
NetView exports using RIM command not directly.

All this is explained in the NetView Database Guide which came with the
product.

If you want to export data directly, then you are on your own.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jean-Noel Wallet <jewa@TELINDUS.BE> on 06/16/99 11:18:38 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>