Re: Discovery problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Discovery problems
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:40:38 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I checked an NT server with a class C mask and class B network address.
It has been discovered under a class B (144.156) network segment
symbol. Monitor->Network Config->Conf menu shows 255.255.255.0 as
subnet mask (which is correct) so although it can see the right mask
its still putting it under wrong symbol. There are two machines like
that. The other interface shown is the MS loopback and I also selected
'do not discover loopback interface somewhere where it is asked' so
this shouldn't be a problem.

Other NT servers with class C mask and have been discovered in the
proper network sysbol (144.156.199).

How did you fix your bad masks problems??

Kashif