Re: graphing of snmpCollect data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: graphing of snmpCollect data
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:25:38 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Terry,

the product you thinking about is Tivoli Decision support. It include some
predefined views/reports
that shipped as discovery guides and give reports based on Crystal Reports /
Cognos Power Play.
The web-based access isn't implemented there (I hope they will provide soon) -
instead you can
run clients of that product on several machines (Installation in standalone or
network mode possible).

I hope this helps___Stephan

252449N schrieb:

> From: Terry L Abbott
>
> Currently I use SAS/CPE to do reporting of snmp data collected from snmp
> hubs and switches.  As I understand the Netview product, the data from the
> topology database, snmp collected data and traps can be stored in a
> relational database.  With the snmp collected data in a database, can I
> generate on demand reports on utilization, errors and the like from the
> database?  I need to use a web browser for the client access.
>
> Terry Abbott
> Eastman Kodak

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971