Collections within a read-only map not being updated.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Collections within a read-only map not being updated.
From: Richard DeYoung <Richard.DeYoung@SPRINTPARANET.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:59:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
To all,
[ Descr ]:
  Out of the box NetView v5.1 configuration, running on AIX v4.2.1., with
1Gb of Ram, and roughly 500 objects in the NV database. User security is not
turned on, and the method of access to the GUI is by NT workstations running
'exceed', and receiving their IP Addresses via DHCP.

[ Challenge ]:
  I created a quick collection to display a subset of the "Critical" test
nodes in a client's network. We have a read-write session up and are able to
see the test collection nodes "enter" and "exit" the collection. However, if
I open up a read-only session, the collections are not updated........."at
all".

  Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions would be welcomed.......

Thanks,
R.E.( Rick ) DeYoung
                                        Technical Analyst // Sprint Paranet
                                        Carolina Continuum