Collections within a read-only map not being updated.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Collections within a read-only map not being updated.
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:12:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes Rich, we have.  Unfortunately it is designed this way.  The only map that
gets automatically updated is the read/write map.  In order to update the read
only maps you have to refresh the map.  Which means the gui shuts down and
restarts.  The reason for this is that objects being added and deleted from the
collections basically works the same as when new objects are discovered and
added to the map.  It automatically gets added to the read/write map, but you
have to refresh any read only maps in order to see them there.
---------------------- Forwarded by Lucy Premus/Bsg/MetLife/US on 06/11/99 12:04

"Richard DeYoung" <Richard.DeYoung@SPRINTPARANET.COM> on 06/11/99 11:59:09 AM

Please respond to Richard.DeYoung@SprintParanet.com