Re: change domain name server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: change domain name server
From: James Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:33:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
> Sontaya Passakonnirin wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have NetView 5.1 and Framwork 3.6 with Nways 1.2 run on AIX 4.3,
> which it work well until I was change domain name server of system.
> I was change both IP address of domain name server and domain name in
> smit -> Communications Applications and Services -> TCP/IP. After that
> I can't start "oserv" process which make me can't run tivoli window.
> And when I run netview then nways process "data base synconization"
> window is always run until time out. That I can't use netview
> application.
>
> What's wrong? How can I do?
>
> Thank you,
> sontaya ^_^

I think it's not the name server change per se, it's the fact that
you've also changed the domain name.  There are instructions in the
Framework Install Guide, I think for fixing a hostname change (which is
essentially what you've done, by extension) in Framework.  For NetView,
you'll need old faithful /usr/OV/service/reset_ci to fix
/usr/OV/conf/ovors.