Re: Collections: Symbol descriptions lost

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Collections: Symbol descriptions lost
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:39:45 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Was the Segment symbol in the Collection BEFORE you changed its name?
If so, then I don't think the old symbol would get updated.  The collmap
application doesn't build symbols -- he finds them and copies them into the
collection, or so I have been told.   As you have probably been told about
symbol problems in collections before, you'd have to delete the collection icon
and let it get rebuilt again to pick up your changes.

If you made your changes before you built the collection, then I don't have any
idea what to tell you except to call Support.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support