Re: Integration between Optivity and NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Integration between Optivity and NetView
From: patrizia_massarani@IT.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:22:34 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thanks a lot David!
Yes, I refer to Optivity NMS 9.0. But, when you say "Optivity NMS 9.0 is
supported on Tivoli TME 10
NetView 5.1.x running on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or SP4", do you mean
that Optivity run on the same machine where Tivoli NetView is installad, or
that Optivity is integrated with Tivoli NetView?
In this case, it is possible through the Tivoli NetView desktop manage the
network devices? (if I click on a switch or hub icon, can I see it in
detail and manage it?).

Cordiali Saluti

Patrizia Massarani
IBM Global Services - PSS - Systems Management & Networking Services
Tivoli Services

tel: +39-02-596.27529
e-mail: patrizia_massarani@it.ibm.com

Patrizia,

  Optivity is just a brand name... like "Tivoli".  I assume you are asking
about Optivity NMS 9.0.

If so, the answer is "yes" - Optivity NMS 9.0 is supported on Tivoli TME 10
NetView 5.1.x running on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or SP4.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network & IP Services Management
Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-Regarding-=-