Forwarding Events to TEC (Internal adapter vs External adapter)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Forwarding Events to TEC (Internal adapter vs External adapter)
From: "Mull, John" <jmull@HERSHEYS.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:01:24 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi .

Just looking for any opinion from anyone that might have gone through a
conversion of using the Netview internal adapter (nvserverd & Netview
rulesets) versus staying with the external adapter (tecad_nv6k & associated
files
tecad_nv6k.cong & tecad_nv6k.cds).

We will be migrating to Netview for UNIX (V5.1.1) on Solaris platform within
the next month.  We are currently running
Netview V4.1.2 on AIX and we forward events to TEC using tecad_nv6k adapter.
I have a very extensive tecad_nv6k.conf file, and have made several
modifications to the .cds file.

I have the technical explanation for how the internal adapter works, I just
want to know if there is anybody out there that has gone through this
change, and would like to comment on any issues that caused any grief, or
altered the way the events flowed into TEC.  Any comments on how long it
takes to convert (resource issues) or any good
points are appreciated as well.

Thanks for any feedback anyone can offer.
John Mull
Information Technology & Integration
Process Technologist, Enterprise Systems Management
Hershey Foods Corp.
(717)534-7959
email:jmull@hersheys.com

Any comments or statements made are not
necessarily those of Hershey Foods Corporation