Re: CIM traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CIM traps
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:11:57 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I know its kind of basic but did you check the log only filter?

>>> <William_W_List@BLUECROSSMN.COM> 07/01 1:09 PM >>>
I'm using NetView  5.1 for NT and trying to receive traps from Compaq Insight
Manager, but not getting anything.
I'm sending a generic test trap from a NetWare Compaq box which is trap 11003.
I see the trap when I put a sniffer on the NetView segment,
but it doesn't show up on the event display.  I used the newest MIB definitions
and created/executed  the addtraps from mib2trap.  Everything
appears to be defined correctly.  When I look at the SNMP traps, 11003 is
defined under Compaq.  Also, I receive other traps, so NetView traps are
working.  I can browse the MIBs on the sending machine.  When I start a trapd
trace I don't see anything.  Does anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong.
Thanks.