CIM traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CIM traps
From: William_W_List@BLUECROSSMN.COM
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:12:04 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Sorry.  I figured out my problem.  When I created the addtraps for the CIM
module, everything was left in a "log only" event category.  A "log only" event
category doesn't display in the events list.  So I had to change the "log only"
to "error" or "status" and it works fine.

I'm using NetView  5.1 for NT and trying to receive traps from Compaq Insight
Manager, but not getting anything.
I'm sending a generic test trap from a NetWare Compaq box which is trap 11003.
I see the trap when I put a sniffer on the NetView segment,
but it doesn't show up on the event display.  I used the newest MIB definitions
and created/executed  the addtraps from mib2trap.  Everything
appears to be defined correctly.  When I look at the SNMP traps, 11003 is
defined under Compaq.  Also, I receive other traps, so NetView traps are
working.  I can browse the MIBs on the sending machine.  When I start a trapd
trace I don't see anything.  Does anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong.
Thanks.