Re: forwarding events to TEC (was nothing)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: forwarding events to TEC (was nothing)
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:50:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Erika -

Have you done a wtdumprl over in TEC to verfiy that the events are not arriving?
It could also just be that you have not defined the evnets sources or defined
them to administrator consoles in TEC.

If they truly are not arriving, then can you ping the TEC server from NetView?
Look in the /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf file and make certain that the TEC server
name is correct and fully qualified.

If it is, then  look in /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache an see if that file is growing and
contains your events.  If it is, then NetView is having difficulty making
contact with your TEC server.

So then we have to ask, what kind of machine  (operating system) is your TEC
server?  And what operating system are you running NetView on?

Also, as I tell everyone, 5.1 by itself is not where you should be.  Do you have
the 5.1.1 patch on the March CD?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

erika ocaqa <eocana@YAHOO.COM> on 07/06/99 03:38:50 PM