Re: [Fwd: Concord's Network Health 4.0 for NT]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concord's Network Health 4.0 for NT]
From: ADAMCZYK Herbert <herbert.adamczyk@IT-AUSTRIA.COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:15:24 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Stephan,

we are running Network Health on NT (it runs only on the english version)
which does a good job on long-term/trend reports. We are also planning to
implement TDS (because xnmgraph is no longer a comfortable solution), of
course TDS - which is a new product - has much room for improvement: in the
current release, you can't automatically produce reports and send it to a
user or put it on a web-server, also there is no "live-reporting"-capability
(like xnmgraph)
Both reporting tools will be necessary in our environment and we have to
decide which data should be collected from either Nethealth or Netview.
As a 3rd solution, we have implemented a set of perl-scripts which reads the
snmpcollect-data and shows them on the web. It works even faster and better
than xnmgraph.
Conclusion: there is no reporting tool which is perfect, so you have to use
several products. At least you can provide all the reports over the web,
however there is a lot of work to administrate all those tools.
Let's wait & hope for the next releases !

kind regards

Herbert Adamczyk
iT-AUSTRIA