Re: Status Source for new nodes in a NV collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Status Source for new nodes in a NV collection
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:08:46 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well, you cannot get what you asked for -- a way to override the status source
when the collection is built  -- at least I am aware of no such way.

But if what you are trying to do is use the 58916871 or other trap to change the
status on a compound object, then you should be able to tell nvevents to do the
change himself.

In the Nvevents app-defaults file  you should be able to change

nvevents.overrideCompoundStatus   :    False

to True

(remember -- no space after the "e"   and you will have to do xrdb -merge  if
you are running the CDE to get this new default to be picked up while you are
logged in)

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM> on 07/08/99 02:16:39 PM