TME10 NetView V5.1 or V5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TME10 NetView V5.1 or V5.1.1
From: Matthias Goellnitz <GOELL@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:45:07 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,
 I'm Matthias and new in our netview user club
and need some information or support of somebody.

I have problems with the installation of tme10netview v5.1.1 on
a windows-nt 4.0 workstation. My gole is to install a netview server on
a nt-workstation. Some error massages appears till the installation steps.

First error: the setup wont to create a user account  named NetView on my
workstation,
that dosn't work. The error massage 'Could not add the account NetView to
the Administrators group'
appears with returne code 2220.

After the installation there is a user NetView defined and i can modify the
user to the administrators group
and availability to start of netview services.

Second error: though availability of SNMP services on my workstation after
the installation of netview i received
the warning massage 'The SNMP Service on this system failed to respond to
an SNMP test request using a community string of 'public'...  Press OK to
continue installation ... and so on.

The community name on my workstation is 'public' and I can reach my
workstation with a other
Netview-Server and can read the  SNMP MIB variable of this workstation.
That can not be the reason of error.

The installation process of netview finaly hang and the installation of
netview software is not complete.

Question, whats rong? Need Netview Server  for NT a windows-NT Server
software and not
windows-NT for workstation? What about error during the NetView user
account?

sorry for my simple english, I hope you will anderstand me.
*** nice  weekend for all ***

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours Sincerely
Matthias Goellnitz

IBB-Süd NW Netzwerkservices
Phone ++49 (0) 9721-91-4207
Fax ++49 (0) 9721-91-6188