nvcorrd exit on signal No. 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nvcorrd exit on signal No. 9
From: Geoffrey Cheng <gcheng@CA.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:07:49 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

     I've met a problem with nvcorrd, when doing a ovstart, nvcorrd started for
a few seconds and then
     died silently, on signal no. 9. I've commented out all the rules in
ESE.automation, but the problem still
     exists. There is nothing shown up in nv6000.log file and nettl trace file.
Nobody is using the 1666 port
     either.

     Has anyone met the similar problem? meanwhile, the only sympton I can see
is the "exit on
     signal no.9. And I notice from time to time that some daemons do exit on
certain numbers, where
     I could find the definition of these exit code? There seems not in the
diagnostics guide or
     programmer's references.

     Thanks.

Best Regards