Re: Problem with GUI closing down

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with GUI closing down
From: Jennifer Nelson <Jennifer_Nelson@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:31:30 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've also seen this happen when the X11R5 libraries are not installed at all.

Jennifer Nelson
Tivoli Services Consultant

James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> on 07/09/99 10:24:09 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Jennifer Nelson/Tivoli Systems)

How are you starting the GUI in the first place -- with what command?
On AIX 4.3 you should use "netview" and not "ovw" as the netview command assures
the correct libpath for X.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

mjaedike@VENATORGROUP.COM on 07/09/99 09:58:35 AM