Re: Problem with GUI closing down

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with GUI closing down
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:45:19 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't think so.  The problems seem to be caused by the idiots at AIX who wrote
X11R6,  which does not behave like X11R5, and causes our processes to hang on
some calls.  We never get an answer back. Until they figure out what they have
done wrong and fix it, we will have to pre-req X11R5.    Since X11R5 is not
always installed on some machines you must make sure it is, or the libpath
statements in netview will have no effect and the hangs will occur.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Simon Long <slong@NETTRACK.COM.AU> on 07/10/99 09:25:16 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>