Problem with GUI closing down

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with GUI closing down
From: mjaedike@VENATORGROUP.COM
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:58:35 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview 5.1.1, AIX 4.3 on IBM SP2.

I've installed Netview 5.1.1 and discovered just a small part of our network for
testing
purposes. The only problem I've run into so far during testing is when I attempt
to exit
from the GUI. I get the normal exit window and click OK. The word CLOSING shows
up
next to (Read-Write) at the bottom of the window. At that point nothing happens.
The
GUI stays on the screen. At first I thought it may be a problem with my x-app,
I'm using
Chameleon. But then it happened on our IBM X-station as well.

Has anyone else run into this ? If so what did you do to correct it ?

I'm another newbie at this so specifics and as much detail would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Jaedike
Software Analyst
Venator Group