Netview V5 Migration Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview V5 Migration Questions
From: Lorraine Maher <lorraine_maher@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:56:26 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
My environment is Netview 4.1.2, AIX 4.2.1 - getting ready for the big
migration to NV V5.1.1.  Questions are:

1) Netview is currently installed on the /usr filesystem; release notes
recommend to create a separate filesystem /usr/OV and install into that
filesystem.  Is this possible considering that I want to migrate my maps,
databases etc?  In other words, /usr/OV directory already exists, now it
will be a separate filesystem - not sure of the ramifications.  Or is it ok
to add space to existing /usr and install that way (big performance hit)?

2) Framework 3.6 Sept 1998 release notes (pg 1-6) state that you need
libtermcap.a contained in the bos.compat.termcap AIX 3.2 compatability
fileset or you won't be able to open or use an xterm.  Do I really need
this? Do they mean that a PC user running Exceed won't be able to xterm into
the Netview box?  If I do need it - can I download it?

Thanks for your help in advance.....