NV 5.1.1: Command nvdbimport

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV 5.1.1: Command nvdbimport
From: "Brunschede, Gerd" <Gerd.Brunschede@HIK.FZK.DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:40:54 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

to set some values in the NV-database I used the nvdbimport
command in this form

/usr/OV/bin/nvdbimport -fv <import-file-name>

The values I would like to set were

SNMP sysContact and SNMP sysLocation. The notation in the
import-file was the following

IP-Hostname,SNMP sysContact,SNMP sysLocation

After command-execution I got the error-message:
FieldID Not Found: SNMP sysLocation   returned 0

When I interchange the two parameters and write

IP-Hostname,SNMP sysLocation,SNMP sysContact

I get the error-message
FieldID Not Found: SNMP sysContact   returned 0

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or is the command
wrong?

Thanks in advance
Gerd Brunschede

Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH