Upgrade AIX version 4.3.1 to AIX version 4.3.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Upgrade AIX version 4.3.1 to AIX version 4.3.2
From: lizel frazer <lizelf@FOSCHINI.CO.ZA>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:04:42 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi All,

We are currently running AIX version 4.3.1 on our RS/6000 F50.  However,
our other servers are running AIX version 4.3.2, so ideally we would
like to upgrade our F50 to version 4.3.2 as well.

Does anybody now whether :
1.) a simple 'smit update_all' will do the trick,
     or do we have to do
2.) a migration installation.  If this is the case, what steps should be
followed?

I've searched the IBM web site, but could not find info. on this topic.
Your help in this matter will be appreciated :-D

P.S.  Could all responses be mailed directly to my e-mail address (
lizelf@foschini.co.za ), since I cannot always access the newsgroup.

TIA

Kind regards,
Lailaa Fraser

The Foschini Group (Pty) Ltd disclaim all liability for any loss, damage or
expense however caused, arising from the use of or reliance placed upon the
information provided through this service and does not guarantee the
completeness or accuracy of the information.
The use of e-mail is not permitted for the distribution of chain letters or
offensive email of any nature.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, chain letter or offensive
material of any nature is requested to report this to petesan@foschini.co.za.