Re: destination dispatcher

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: destination dispatcher
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:26:20 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Robert;
It seems that the IP adress cannot be resolved to the hostname under which it
was created.
Look at the odadmin odlist output where you will see that node with its label
and aliases if any (it is TMR server, isn't it?).
You must ensure that the label gets resolved to IP address and this IP address
back to that label. You can also add hostname
aliases (man odadmin).

It often happens that changes in DNS (if used) bring about this kind of
problems (this is why I prefer local name lookup in the
first place).
I would check the output of odadmin odlist for the node and then test how the
name and IP address are being resolved. You can
create /etc/netsvc.conf to set the name lookup order (hosts=local,bind) having
the hostname properly set in /etc/hosts.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

--