nways installation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nways installation
From: Sergio Cardona F <scardona@MAIL.VISIONTECH.COM.CO>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:52:19 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi All:

I have NetView 5.1.1 and AIX 4.3.2
I have been installing Nways mananager  1.2.3 and I have a little
problem, when I run netview like root the NetView works fine but when I
run the NetView using an operator user that has normal permissions, the
NetView never synchronize ( it never happened before I installed the
Nways) moreover there are a lot of processes that after a time eat all
the procesor, these process are Rnvgate, Rnvch, Rngate,Red, etc. This
process are NetView related.
I have some questions:
In first instance I think that the problem is permissions related, but I
do not have idea over which directory I must give permission to the
operator user. Any idea ?
I have read in the  /usr/lpp/mgtapptran/README.mat that Rnvgate could be
disabled, but  I am not sure about the implication of disabling this
process. Somebody has any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Sergio Cardona.