Re: nvserverd vs tecad_nv6k for TEC Integration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvserverd vs tecad_nv6k for TEC Integration
From: "Giovannini, Tom" <tom.giovannini@EDS.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:46:33 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
How does nvserverd map raw events to TEC classes.  How does nvserverd format
the TEC event and set the event attributes?   The tecad_nv6k adapter use the
".cds" file for this purpose.  Is there a corresponding configuration
configuratio for nvserverd?  Is there documentation available that 3rd party
vendors should use in providing a means to forward events to the TEC using
nvserverd instead of developing their own adapters?

Regards,

Tom Giovannini
EDS
Enterprise Management Engineering - South
Address:
        5400 Legacy Drive
        M/S:  A4-1C-38
        Plano, TX   75024
Phone:  (972) 604-4105 (8-834) Fax:  -4776