Nways element manager ATM support & Inventory

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways element manager ATM support & Inventory
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:49:21 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have the sepcification sheet for Nways Element Manager V2.  It has a
section on managing ATM which is very unspecific.The Nways Manager SUITE
spec sheet talks about several ATM capabilities that sound like the old
Nways Campus Manager for ATM V1.2.x.  So, compared to the Nways for ATM
V1.2.x product, what does the new Nways ELEMENT manager give me for ATM,
and what functionality do I lose unless I go to the new Nways Manager
SUITE V2?

The ELEMENT manager also talks of support for ATM hardware via Tivoli
Inventory - is this the Tivoli Manager for Nways product or something
else?  This doesn't seem specific to Nways Element Manager V2 - doesn't
the TM for Nways import virtually all Nways devices into the Tivoli
Inventory database?

Thanks for any clarification,
Jane
--